Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hi and Welcome


Well here I am..... a blogger! How about that. Welcome and thank you for visiting.

I'm currently working on a 30 x 40 inch wrapped oil painting of an orchid. Just after Thanksgiving my husband and I went to an orchid show in Midland Michigan. After taking 400+ photos of gorgeous flowers I picked a uniquely shaped one to start with. There will be more to come! I'm not sure of the kind this is.... if you know please feel free to join in :).

I started with sketches, then a more complete drawing and have been slowly building up layers. Oils take time. They can't be rushed when your doing layers or it shows.

Because working in oils takes time I've just starting sketches for a new blue clematis, it will be on a 24x24 inch wrapped canvas.


Why all this frenzy? Well I'm gearing up for art shows this summer.

I hope I'll get to work on these projects this afternoon....check back later this week.

Thanks for looking :)

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment