Thursday, April 29, 2010

Flint Institute of Arts

As some of you may know, I take classes at the Flint Institute of Arts. I recently took a portrait drawing class. During the last class the director for the Art School came in and saw the portrait I was working on of my eldest daughter. She asked if she could take photos and I agreed. Who wouldn't? So next class starts which is figure drawing. My instructor Alla Dubrovich -wonderful teacher! - tells me that my drawing was chosen to be put into the Spring FIA Art School Catalog. I'm rather excited about this honor! If you'd like to check it out here's a link: It's on page 9. Also if your in the Flint area - it's a wonderful place to take art classes, from beginners to advance.

I'm almost done with my hibiscus. I know I keep saying that :D. We just got back from a trip and now I'm busy car shopping so leisurely painting is on the back burner. Good news though I am working on a commission of two cute brothers. One's a gorgeous teen and the other in his arms is his adorable baby brother. I'm at the sketching phase. Once their mom approves I'll move on to the painting part. I'm thinking of doing them with pastels. Then I'll post an update.

Catch ya later! Stay safe and enjoy spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment